“We are available 24/7 to work around the clock in search of your ideal Candidate!”
Thank you for choosing The Herbert Alfred Agency for all your in-home staffing needs. We guarantee you a unique & personalized experience with us! Whether you are looking for a Nanny, a Manny, a Personal Assistant, a Chef, a House Manager, an Infant Care Specialist, a Housekeeper, or other Domestic Worker, we are here to help guide you through that process. Our goal is to match you with an ideal Candidate, which will result in a long lasting professional relationship. Our Candidates are put through a very detailed screening process as follows:
Candidates affiliated with our firm all:
- Have at least 3 years of experience in their field.
- Are at least 21 years of age.
- Are fully reference checked.
- Have had an extensive Background Check.
- Fully interviewed multiple times by our staff.
- Legal to work in the USA.
- Have a valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, & current car insurance.
- Are screened fully on Social Media.
- High School graduates.
Additional screening for some of our Candidates include:
- Full Criminal History Check.
- International Background Check.
- Driving Record Screening.
- Trustline Certified.
- Certified in THAA’s 12 Month Workshop Training Program specializing in their field.
- Sex Offender Check.
- Vaccination records.
- Full health screening.
- Drug tested.
Here are the steps you’ll be taking through this journey:
- Contact us to set up your In-Home Consultation. (This 1st step is currently only available in Middle Tennessee until our other branch offices open in future years. If you are a Client out of state, we will be meeting with you virtually while still providing you with your very own personalized experience.) We will then meet with you in the privacy of your own home to discuss your needs. You can expect this meeting to last 30-60 minutes while we gather detailed information from you about your ideal Candidate(s). You will receive a Welcome Packet that contains pertinent information to guide you through this process, in addition to some fun free gifts from us!
- Once we have met, we require a one-time registration fee to begin our search for your ideal Candidate. This fee is a one-time fee that grants you a lifetime of searches for all future Candidates & permanently registers your family with our company.
- We then pull from our database ideal Candidates for your unique family & situation. It is then that we set up interviews to be conducted between you & them at your convenience.
- From these Candidates, you are free to hire the one you most prefer.
- Dependant on the Placement Packet you chose, upon hiring, you will receive an array of documentation on your choice Candidate before he/she begins working for you.
We will be in close contact with you & your new Domestic Worker for the 1st year of your professional relationship. We want your new relationship to be a lasting one, so we provide mentoring & training services for both you & the Candidate who now works for you. When you return to us in the future, you will be automatically enrolled in our Friends & Family Program. This program offers you great discounts & benefits as a returning Client.
The greatest “Thank You” you can provide us is to refer your friends & family to us! We hope your experience with us will be an incredible one that you will share with others. In doing so, you will receive a generous gift from us if your referral hires their ideal Candidate.
We are available 24/7 to work around the clock in search of your ideal Candidate!
See below for Frequently Asked Questions. If a question you have is not answered here, please contact us at your convenience & a qualified staff member will assist you. We are open 24 hours, 7 days a week for your convenience. Thank you.
How much is the Client Registration fee?
Before searching for your ideal Candidate, we require a one-time registration fee to register you with our firm. This fee is paid only once & grants you a lifetime of searches for current & future Candidates. This fee varies from $99-$250 depending on your location. Please call us at (615) 521-0123 so we can quote you your individual price.
How soon can I, the Client, expect to find an ideal Candidate to hire?
This typically can happen in as little as 2-4 weeks from the time you have your In-Home Consultation to your new hire’s first day of work. But, we suggest you consider the fact that it can also take up to 90 days to complete. It is more important for us to find you your ideal Candidate rather than a fast placement that will cause regular turnover in your home.
Can you assist us in taxes & payroll services?
We can absolutely help you with this. Although we, as a firm, do not do payroll or tax services, we can refer you to the best company that provides these in your area. We have connections to payroll & tax companies nationwide.
Do you offer part-time, full-time, or temporary placements?
All three! Whatever your need is in your home, we are here to provide you with the right Candidate. We have Candidates that are looking for full-time, part-time, & temporary work.
What are the Placement Packages & fees involved?
When you register with our firm you will initially choose a Placement Package to work with. Included in the Placement Package is everything that is given to you upon hiring one of our Candidates. There are three Placement Packages offered for you to choose from & they vary dependant on your location. Each Placement Package has a different fee involved. This fee is a one-time fee that you would pay our firm upon hiring a Candidate. Some things included in these Placement Packages are:
- Replacement guarantees
- Free surveillance camera (often called a “Nanny Cam”)
- Background check
- Drug test results
- Driving record
- Professionally drafted Work Agreement
- And much, much more!
Placement Packages range in price from $1,500-25% of the Domestic Workers annual salary depending on the area you are in & the Package you choose.
What locations do you service?
We have Clients & Candidates worldwide & are available to assist you no matter your location. We are available 24/7 to meet with you in person or virtually at any time that is convenient to you & your schedule. We are already open in both San Francisco, CA & Nashville, TN but we will be opening new operating branches in the following cities soon:
- Chicago, IL: 2017
- Atlanta, GA: 2018
- Miami, FL: 2019
- Los Angeles, CA: 2020
- New York, NY: 2021
- London, England: 2022
What makes The Herbert Alfred Agency different from other staffing firms?
Many reasons: We are available around the clock, including all major Holidays. This allows us to accommodate your needs & schedules better & more efficiently. Secondly, we provide a more personal service than all other staffing firms. We continue to work with both of you (the Client & the Candidate) for up to a year even after you have developed your new professional relationship, we offer more extensive training & workshops to all of our Candidates, & we give our Clients a stronger personalized experience by meeting with them directly in their homes & keeping in touch with them in the future to help mold their relationship with their Domestic Worker. We pride ourselves in making small extra steps for both Client & Candidate to ensure happiness & longevity in the workplace.
What happens if I hire a Candidate & it doesn’t work out?
All of our Placement Packages offer a free replacement guarantee. Each Packet has a different length of guarantee, but they all have one. This guarantee grants you a free replacement of your Domestic Worker if he/she does not work out within a certain timeframe. We are always here to help staff your home, no matter what happens.
Why use you if I could simply find a Client/Candidate on my own?
Of course you can get on the internet & likely find a new position to work or a Domestic Worker on your own. But, in using our firm, we can make this process easier, less stressful, more effective, & end with longer lasting results for several reasons. One, we screen our Candidates more thoroughly than the average family is able to. You have the assurance & guarantee that all Candidates you interview have completely passed a rigorous testing period. Secondly, you will be getting only Candidates that match your exact needs; out of what typically starts as 50-75 Candidates, we wean out the ones that are not a good fit for you, using a lengthy & detailed process, leaving you with 3-5 of the ideal Candidates for you to interview & review. All this work takes us over two weeks; two weeks worth of work that you do not have to do. We work with you even after you have hired to ensure that your new professional relationship sticks. For our Candidates, we represent you as an Agent. We find the ideal matched position & we fight for the benefits & perks you deserve. We aid in helping you build a beautiful & professional Portfolio in addition to provide you with training & guidance throughout your entire career.
What are some forms &/or documents you can provide us with?
Our team of experts are here to draft you almost any documentation that you need in part of this journey. Some of these include:
- Professionally drafted Employment Agreement
- Confidentiality or Non-Disclosure Form
- A Distracted Driving Policy Agreement
- Home Based Surveillance Camera Agreement
- Amendments to your current contracts or documents
- Domestic Worker Folders (Nanny Folder, Personal Assistant Binder, House Manual)
What is a “Manny”?
A Manny is a male Nanny! Though the trend of Mannies has not caught on heavily, they can actually be an incredible asset to your home & some of the industries Mannies are the best Nannies around! If you know someone or are someone interested in being a Manny, we would love to hear from you. If you are a Client interested in hiring a Manny, we would like to discuss this further with you & how they can greatly benefit your life. All of our Mannies come with a free “Manny Cam” for your home to assure accountability. Mannies and their families are also offered specialized counseling & training free of charge. We would like to start the revolution of making Mannies as popular in a home as the average Nanny is. A Manny is ideal for a single Mom or a family that has all boys, but can be a phenomenal asset to any home in need of fantastic childcare!